Monday, July 02, 2007


So sleepy! This is how it works now in Sage's nap land. I lay her down in the bed, whisper a sweet dreams tale and turn on the mobile. This used to work like a gem. In bed to sleep often within 60seconds. But now things are different. It all starts the same but now before I'm even out of the room Sage is standing and peaking over her crib rail to see where I'm going. After I shut the door I watch her on her monitor because it is entertaining. She makes a few laps walking around the edge of the crib, stops to try to reach/jump at the mobile but after a few laps she starts to get crabby (she is tired afterall) but still can't or won't even sit down. This morning this is how the show ended. After crying, while standing holding the rail of her crib with one hand and rubbing her tired eyes with the other she finally dropped to the mat in a heap. I turned up the volume on the monitor to be sure I could hear breathing and once I knew all was well, I waited about 20minutes until she was in a deep sleep and then sneaked in to take this picture. It really doesn't look very comfortable does it but there was no way I was going to move her...you know the saying "never wake a sleeping baby."
Sweet dreams,
S

2 comments:

Jacinda said...

Oh no. This doesn't help me see the light at the end of the tunnel right now. Clare was awake 80% of the night last night then would only sleep while I was holding her today. Finally around 6pm she fell asleep in her carseat (the only place she likes to nap) and three hours later is still sound asleep. Gearing up for another all-nighter I sure.

This picture is really cute though. You will have to rig up the video camera sometime so we can see her laps.

Anonymous said...

Sunshine and Kevin,

Thanks for the pictures!
All I have to say is
" Oh My God! Oh My God!
Too BEAUTIFUL!"

Auntie Paula